Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

koolmagicguy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 19, 2012
New York
2017 iPad 9.7”

iPadOS 13.1.3

Music app consistently freezes up when I try to add music to my playlist. I don‘t have Apple Music. I’m adding music purchased from iTunes. Just curious if others are having this problem also.

Edit: Just tested on my iPhone 7 running the latest iOS. Same result. While scrolling the list of songs in my library in order to add them to my playlist, the app completely freezes and I need to force quit the music app. Very frusterating.

Last edited:

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
2017 iPad 9.7”

iPadOS 13.1.3

Music app consistently freezes up when I try to add music to my playlist. I don‘t have Apple Music. I’m adding music purchased from iTunes. Just curious if others are having this problem also.

Edit: Just tested on my iPhone 7 running the latest iOS. Same result. While scrolling the list of songs in my library in order to add them to my playlist, the app completely freezes and I need to force quit the music app. Very frusterating.
First off, have you tried rebooting your device?

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2018
I’m having the same problems on my iPhone X with iOS 13.1.3. I’ve been running iOS13 from public beta 3 or so and there have been ALWAYS problems. It also always shows the syncing your library... message in the Music app. Even the Podcast app isn’t running that great. So frustrated. I’m getting more and more disspointed by Apple through the years.

So for me it’s also not showing my most recent added music. It’s not showing any new songs I added.

Sometimes it’s also not possible to add a song to my library. The + icon disappear.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.