Music app impacting battery life

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by alexberry, Sep 28, 2016.

1. alexberry macrumors member

Jul 16, 2010
    I expect this has been covered, but a quick search didn't come up with anything specific.

I have noticed that the battery life on my iPhone 7 running ios 10.0.2 is being significantly depleted by the Music app, apparently running in the background even though I'm not listening to music.

If I restart the phone afresh it's fine, but after a short time listening to music and then stopping it, it appears that the app continues to draw battery power running in the background.

Is this a recognised issue that others have noticed?
  2. dgreening macrumors member

May 12, 2010
    I am not seeing this issue. I was listening to music this morning for 2 1/2 hours straight and I am still over 90% and I leave Music open all day (not playing music but I don't close the app). The same for yesterday. I took the phone off the charger at 4am and did my 2 1/2 hour workout and then emails and other things during the day and by 9pm it was still at 52%.
  3. alexberry thread starter macrumors member

Jul 16, 2010
    Thanks... I've gone through a memory-clear, power-off/on and hard reset cycle (which I should probably have done before) to make sure there's nothing lurking. With any luck, my music app will start to behave itself.