Music App in 10.15.2 beta has Column Browser

dauber

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2012
Chicago
Cool!

Now...will it work with the 7th-gen iPod? If it will, it might make me consider trying Catalina again. It was such a PITA before and it was one of the reasons I reverted to Mojave. (The other reasons: I use Levelator and Jing religiously, but they're only 32-bit apps, and the Levelator developer retired the project.)

mikzn

macrumors 68000
Sep 2, 2013
Vancouver
Just noticed that the Music App in 10.15.2 beta has the Column Browser. It missing was my biggest gripe! Yeah!
thanks for the update

🎉 Very good news :cool: - what a relief - I totally missed that

I downloaded the Beta yesterday and opened music as ussual after every update and did not notice it - but there it is - right there in the in the View menu - 👍

Reactions: BlueMartian

haralds

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
thanks for the update

🎉 Very good news :cool: - what a relief - I totally missed that

I downloaded the Beta yesterday and opened music as ussual after every update and did not notice it - but there it is - right there in the in the View menu - 👍
It was my biggest issue with Catalina!

Reactions: BlueMartian

haralds

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
Oh well. At least we're back to the level of functionality offered 20 years ago by iTunes 1.0. ;)

itunes-browse-the-library
Not sure how that version would handle 60K tracks. But I was a user then with a smaller library. Most of my stuff was in CDs with disk space too precious to encode. Still have the CDs and recoding in lossless now.