Music App is soo slooooooow!

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by kpjrose, Oct 22, 2012.

1. kpjrose macrumors newbie

The Music app in ios6 is a joke that is running out of its comedy value.

It is slow, slow, slow, slow, slow. I mean, for crying out loud, it takes 20 seconds to load an album or a playlist. How could Apple be so stupid?
    One of my major reasons for staying with Apple has been that my iPhone is my iPod. It looks as though that reason is about to become redundant.

Over to you Apple...

2. Tingler macrumors member

If your iPhone takes 20 seconds to load an album, you've got some serious issues with your device. I have a slow 3GS and iOS 6 has been the best-performing OS on my phone.

3. kpjrose thread starter macrumors newbie

4. MasterHowl macrumors 65816

MasterHowl

There's something wrong with your phone.

I have a 4S with 3.5k songs on (all 256kbps AAC), and it's very snappy (not as snappy as Safari on ML).

Try a restore... it'll probably fix it

5. 8a22a macrumors 6502a

8a22a

6. Tingler macrumors member

Even if your phone is loaded with apps and music in AIFF format, your phone still shouldn't take that much to load the Music app. MasterHowl gives a good advice - try to restore.

7. wwchris macrumors regular

iPad

Yeah, it only takes that long to load on the ipad app that makes it display album cover with no option for text only. In itunesmatch with a few hundred playlists, it literally takes 7-8 MINUTES to load it all and the screen will just do a choppy crappy scrolling even once they are loaded.

However, it works great on my iPhone where there is a text only option.

Are you using itunes match by any chance?

8. virtuosity macrumors member

i'm getting the same issue - albeit intermittently...

(typically when i'm about to hit the gym!!)

i have iMatch (or whatever it's called) on my iTunes library, which has around 22k songs - and I assumed it was this - but seen a few mentions to this on the 'net...

in fact, overall, my iOS is a lot slower on my iPhone 4 - lookin forward to my upgrade soon - but this app is the worst performing...

9. shawnwich macrumors 6502

shawnwich

yes but if you have itunes match surely you understand the delay? its downloading the music from the cloud and has more to do with your network than apple.

10. virtuosity macrumors member

no, i meant to say, that i assumed it was because if iMatch - but the entire app is slow - and I'm pretty certain it's not cos of downloading - i.e. it's playing a downloaded (or a local song), and i press pause, and wait 10-15 seconds for the screen to register, and then pause - that's not cos of iMatch

11. AceGuy78 macrumors member

AceGuy78

Wow I totally agree! Ever since ios6 my music app takes long just to open... when i open the app it hangs for a good 4-5 seconds then comes up... ridiculous.

12. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

I had this problem on my iPhone 4 running the iOS 6 GM. The music app was ridiculously slow to open, load songs, and navigate backwards and forwards. Since I got the iPhone 5, I have not had this problem.

13. Avatarshark macrumors regular

Lol I m running iPod touch 4, and I am not getting this problem. My advice, don't use cover flow. it crashes on any generation if you move it too fast.

14. melpote macrumors member

melpote

This post is a couple months later, but I just got my iphone 5. I notice that the music app is painfully slow. When I open a playlist or pick a song, there is a 3 or 4 second delay from when I tap anything within the app to open it. I dont understand. I thought the IP5 was supposed to run snappier. It is getting frustrating to use.

:confused:

15. greenyoga macrumors member