Music app keeps crashing on iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sdilley14, Dec 27, 2014.

1. sdilley14 macrumors 65816

I bought an iPhone 6 three days ago. In the last two days I've used the Music app about three hours one day and an hour and a half the other day. Between both days I've had the app crash close to 10 times. In the two years that I owned by IP5 (including after I updated to iOS 8) the Music app crashed maybe 2-3 times? There doesn't seem to be any pattern to it. It doesn't happen when I have specific other apps running. I can't really figure it out.

Anyone else have this problem? Ideas/solutions?

2. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

Try a restore and set it up as new. If it keeps happening to to an Apple Store. Or exchange it where you bought it. Or make a Genius Bar appointment

3. vgamedude macrumors 6502a

I have had some apps crash on me on my 6+. Not often but it has happened.

Mercury has crashed Around 6 times today but most of them were back to back. Chrome has crashed on me too.

4. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Have you tried simply rebooting? I would go there before something as drastic as a restore.

Safari seems to be the problematic app for me. Not so much a full crash as a hang up with a message that says "there was a problem loading this oahe", or something along those lines.

5. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

messages crashes or locks up several times a day on me. This is so much worse then I have every seen from apple.

6. sdilley14 thread starter macrumors 65816

Is there a simple way to sync my apps, music, and photos back onto the phone if I restore it and set it up as new (rather than "restoring from backup" like I usually do in situations where I need to do a restore)?

7. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

transfer it to your computer and sync stuff back with iTunes.

8. sdilley14 thread starter macrumors 65816

But is there Abu way to sync all of my music and apps back to the phone without having to do it all individually?

I have a few playlists that I can sync, but I also have a bunch of songs that I manually transferred on there. I'm guessing I would have to do that over again (not a huuuuge deal, but s time waster).

And would I have to re download each app individually?

Photos I'm assuming I could either recover from iCloud or just sync them on to my computer then back on to the phone.

9. sdilley14 thread starter macrumors 65816

I did a "restore from backup" and restarted the phone a couple times. I ran the Music app for about two hours yesterday and didn't get any crashes.

I was also experiencing crash issues when I would open the Videos app. It would immediately crash upon start up. I would have to start it 3-4 times before it would "stick". I opened that app up again last night and no crashes. Hopefully I'm in the clear now! :)

10. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Great to here!

I have been lucky and my 6 has not crashed, not even once time!:apple:

11. Hoppesangen macrumors member

issues still might come right back after a day or too so keep that in mind. I would transfer all my important data to the computer first and keep an eye on the software. If it continues to happen after a few days then a factory restore is necessary :(

12. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Restoring from backup is, generally speaking, pointless. The reason people recommend restoring is so that all residual settings and apps are completely wiped. If you restored from a backup you most likely copied the problem back over (if t was an issue with your backup in the first place).

If you're still having the issue I would restore and setup as new or not bother restoring at all.

13. sdilley14 thread starter macrumors 65816

I realize that. I just thought I'd try this as a means of getting rid of some of the "other" space clogging the phone, and thought this might be slightly more effective than just restarting the phone.

So far so good. If problems come back then I'll back up all of the essential data and do a full restore.

14. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Fair enough. Some people think restoring from backup and as new are the same thing, so I thought I would point out they are, generally, different. Either way, glad restoring has helped you.