Music app lags to death? Anyone else?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by yalag, Jul 3, 2015.

1. yalag macrumors 65816

I have the newest ipad mini (which I understand isn't the fastest iOS machine) but still....when I navigate between pages in music app, eventually the app will get slower and slower. Until it finally totally freezes and then just crash. I can't fix this. I tried rebooting and restarting app etc.

Anyone else?

2. Jayson A macrumors 68000

This has been reported in numerous threads. We're forced to wait for an update from Apple. I suggest downgrading to 8.3 while they're still signing it.

3. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

Try turning off Connect in restrictions. There are a few of us who believe that Connect is the cause of these problems.

4. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

I don't think it's connect doing it. The app after 5-10+ minutes of use would cause lag even during beta (in beta it didn't have any Apple Music features, it was just the redesign with My Music and Playlist tabs, and later had Radio.)

5. Jayson A macrumors 68000

Turning off cell data and wifi seems to make it not lag. No matter what you do, Music.app tries to connect to the internet for some reason. Even with every song locally on your device, Apple Music turned off, Connect disabled AND being signed out of your iTunes account. The network access spinner still spins every time you open Music.app

6. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

Try turning off Automatically Follow Artists?

7. X--X macrumors 6502

Turn this off, try turning that off, go into the submenu of that one other submenu and try turning off.....

Apple is officially the new Microsoft.

Yuck!

8. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Exactly. Rather than try and band aid Apple's mess I would sooner revert to 8.3 and wait, seemingly forever it would appear, for a great o/s to come from Cupertino. It has been one mess up after the next since iOS6 and I'm pretty tired of it. All the defenders can say what they like but things haven't looked too rosy since Jobs died. Hopefully the 6S and iOS9 can turn things around but I'm running out of hope after looking at the iOS9 beta threads.

9. MrGuder macrumors 68020

I reverted back to 8.3 and everything works just like it did, battery is working like it did before. There is something wrong with 8.4 and the Music App hogging battery up because more than just a few are reporting this. It's a shame because I liked 8.4 seemed more polished and smoother but I hate being the tester for Apple Music and the new Music App. At this point I might as well just wait for iOS 9 for the fall.

10. flyinmac macrumors 68030

flyinmac

I haven't had any problems with 8.4. Aside from a new music icon, it all seems like nothing changed. Except now my battery lasts more than a day like it did before 8.3. So I'm happy.

But, I have never launched / opened the new music app. It is of no use to me. So, perhaps the other iOS issues reported have more to do with the music app than iOS itself.

My logs don't show that music has tried to access data or use my battery. And aside from getting great battery life again, it feels just like 8.3.

For those who don't need music, I would propose closing the music app manually (force close) and then disable the music app in your settings (there's a setting for that). Then see if your other iOS issues clear up.

For those who need / want Apple music, you're at the whim of Mr. Cook. And likely they're more concerned with the money side than a few of us who dare to want it to work without glitches.

The old Apple is gone. It's been reincarnated into the quick to market and fast cash priorities of other has beens from the 90's. Too bad they didn't really learn why those companies failed.

I think Mr. Cook believes the brand name alone is all they need to be successful. But that fades over time when you consistently push out garbage.

11. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

I have no issues on my iPhone 6, but on my iPad 3 it is absolutely horrible. Scrolling in album view (108 albums) gives you a nice 3FPS if it doesn't freeze. It actually gave me a headache.

12. Pagemakers macrumors 68000

Pagemakers

You forgot reboot to fix or clean install!

13. EdgardasB macrumors 6502a

EdgardasB

I noticed that huge lag appears when songs are changing. Also iPhone overheating a lot of and battery is totally crap...furthermore, tons of logs are generating.
    Apple wtf? Are you saving money for testers and instead of testing before release, testing with public?