Music app little laggy when in use for a while

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by edenbensal, May 13, 2015.

1. edenbensal macrumors regular

The music app on 5S iOS 8.3 is becoming laggy after some time of using. For example when I hit the next song button there's a little delay or when I touch on the length time line and drag it forward it's laggy. Only when I quit the app completely and start it again it's work fine.
    So there's solution for this?

2. Jayson A macrumors 68000

I've noticed the same exact thing dude. I even noticed that when playing music from the iPhone speakers, the app would become responsive again, but as soon as I tried to play through headphones, it would be slow again.

As you said, the only way to reset it completely is to quit music app and re-open it. It sucks.

3. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

No idea for any immediate solution. But 8.4 is around the corner (end of the month or first week of June.) The music app is rewritten and you may not see this anymore. I'm on 8.4 public beta 2 right now I can't tell you for sure if it's not an issue anymore because I've never had that issue previously on 8.0, 8.1, 8.2, or 8.3.

So unless anyone has come across your issue and found a way to fix it, I can only suggest wait and see with 8.4.

4. edenbensal thread starter macrumors regular

5. skywalkerr69 macrumors 6502a

skywalkerr69

Same thing, and it randomly goes to the next song lol

6. luke lau macrumors regular

luke lau

Yeah I remember noticing the delay between tapping a song and the now playing page showing up as well as the volume and scrubber being really laggy. Swiping the app up from multi tasking and opening it again fixed it temporarily for me.

7. perkedel macrumors 6502a

perkedel

8. edenbensal thread starter macrumors regular

I can't tell you for sure but it can be couple minutes.