Music.app on 9.3 - A few questions

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by RobbyIdol, Mar 21, 2016.

1. RobbyIdol macrumors regular

I have a couple of specific questions regarding performance of the Music app on the new 9.3 official release:

- Do the albums nested beneath each Artist collapse when greater than 4, but remain expanded when 4 or less? (A bit of an annoyance to me, I wish they were all collapsed even if just 2 albums like 8.4 brought back briefly)

- Does the "Albums/Songs" text beneath each artist name still flicker when switching between screens or scrolling in Artist view? Always hated that in 9.0-9.2.1.

Any other new changes/additions to the native Music app (not talking about Apple Music and features within that service)?

2. Bbqthis macrumors 6502a

Bbqthis

The albums only collapse after 4.

Don't see any flickering text.

3. hideous cheese macrumors regular

I'll jump in here with a problem. I can't get Home Sharing to work in Music. I have nothing stored on my iPad and had only streamed tunes from my iMac library locally through the feature. Now I see no way to connect to the library.

The odd thing is that the option works fine in Video - I can connect via Home Sharing - just not in Music (so the connectivity is there)

4. tsang2320 macrumors demi-god

Last time I checked, go to my music tab in the music app. Press the option to choose between artist/album/... The home sharing option should appear when it's available.

5. hideous cheese, Mar 23, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2016

hideous cheese macrumors regular

Yeah, but when I press it nothing happens. No menu appears. The Playlists and Radio tabs are responsive, just not My Music. I've signed in and out of Home Sharing on iMac and iPad. I've quit the Music App. I've restarted the iPad. Nothing. Weird and annoying.

Also Home Sharing shows on my iPhone (although that is still running 9.0.2)

EDIT: OK, I added one song to local storage and now Home Sharing appears. When I remove the track, it disappears again. Grrrr