Music app on Apple watch - no iTunes Radio?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Jamesk811, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Jamesk811 macrumors 6502

One important question I have about the music app is will iTunes radio be able to be controlled using the apple watch or will it control just stored music? Reason I ask is because I have no stored music, I use iTunes radio and spotify. If not, I guess pandora it is for my radio needs (or wait until spotify release an apple watch app :)

2. Omen87 macrumors regular

Omen87

If you're connected to your phone I'm sure it would work like anything else. But if you're away from your phone like while running, it won't have any kind of data connection. And if it were to stream it over WiFi it would murder the battery.

3. Jamesk811 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks I thought that would be the case but was just asking because they made no mention of radio on the new "music" guided tour video

4. shandyman Suspended

Possibly not mentioned because it's only available in 2 countries currently.

5. RayDonovan macrumors regular

RayDonovan

I've been wondering about how music apps will work on the apple watch. For example, I use the beats app on my iPhone and most of my music is saved to the app for offline mode.
    I wonder if you can transfer those songs to the watch. Thats all the music i use these days. I haven't messed around in iTunes since the creation of spotify and the like.

6. Jamesk811 thread starter macrumors 6502

I think "offline mode" will only work once the respective apps eg Storify, beats etc update their apps to work with Apple watch.