iPhone Music app on multiple iphones

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by rich1574, Jul 7, 2015.

1. rich1574 macrumors newbie

Had a look around but couldn't see this answered anywhere else. With the new Music app you can add music from various artists and also make songs available offline. My question is - I have 2 iphones, a 6 and a 6+ (for different countries I travel to). Is there anyway to get the 6 to mirror everything that I have set up on the 6+ without having to do everything manually?

Thanks.

2. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

If they use the same Apple ID it should show on both. Apple Music uses your iTunes account (which I believe is the same as your Apple ID?)

If so anything you put into iCloud Music Library and it's the same account then all devices should see the same content.

3. rich1574 thread starter macrumors newbie

Both use the same Apple ID but the content is completely out of sync. On the 6, It's basically at the point before I started customising the content on the 6+

4. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

Strange. Because it shouldn't matter what the devices are. Be it an iMac + MacBook + iPhone + iPad. Or any combination of. They should all see the same thing in IML and any changes made.

Perhaps it's because you said they were for different countries? And it doesn't like that? I dunno, sorry.

5. thekayman macrumors 6502

Is iCloud Music Library enabled on both devices? That should keep the songs/albums you 'favorite' in sync (not the ones you download for offline use, obviously)

iCloud has been garbage since 8.4. I have to play tricks to enable IML on my iPhone. On my Mac I still have not been able to do that.

6. Mtmspa macrumors 6502a

I assumed playlists would sync. I setup AM on my iPad and created several playlists. However, they won't show on my iphone. Do I need to start with iTunes to create them?