Music app Skipping non-purchased music from iTunes

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Aniseedvan, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Aniseedvan macrumors 65816

Is anyone else experiencing the following..

Opening the music app (or indeed I've tried several third party ones, same problem), hit play on a track in an album for example and iTunes will rapidly skip through all of the tracks in that album and return back to the album view.
    Each item then has the red circle with a square in it, like it's waiting to download.

I've found this article: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6543513, which about halfway down seems to describe my problem (although I'm not sure I ever saw any hang/crash on updating artwork). I can play any iTunes purchased music OK, but 95% of mine is CDs burnt up to my NAS.

It was working under 8.0. I've deleted the music from my phone and am waiting to re-sync the music using iTunes (annoyingly waiting for it to reorganise nothing as it's dropped my NAS connection for the third time this week....).

It might be iTunes rather than iOS if it's a syncing bug? Anyone else sorted it? I've got about 30 odd GB to re-sync onto the phone... :(

iPhone 6 now on 8.02 and Mac Air on latest patches for Mavericks.

2. EM2013 macrumors 65816

EM2013

I just tried this and worked for me. However I do notice that it doesn't play songs that have 'skip on shuffle' selected even if I select them manually they won't play, it's like they don't exist lol. It didn't use to be this way before. Maybe that might your issue?

Check on iTunes to see if skip when shuffle is selected.

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Just encountered this problem. It only seems to be happening to my iPhone 6, but then it is also the only device I have on iOS 8.0.2, so who knows which is the source of the problem?

My iPhone 5S on iOS 8.0 is working fine -- knew there was a reason I hang onto it!

Trying a delete and resync now. Will report back.

4. Aniseedvan thread starter macrumors 65816

I did a sync with all music unticked, hard reset the phone.

Then synced one playlist of about 280 songs. That worked, so ticked all again and left it all morning. It's cured the problem for now, however I'm concerned if multiple syncs to iTunes will break it again..

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Well, my problem was resolved by signing in to the correct Home Sharing account. My iPhone had been signed in to Home Sharing with my personal AppleID, but my computer is signed in with our family ID. Switched the iPhone to the family ID and the songs synced correctly.