Music App?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by doasis23, Jun 16, 2013.

1. doasis23 macrumors regular

doasis23

I really cant stand the new music app. Especially when you have a lot of albums. For some reason the albums are listed chronologically instead of alphabetically.
    [​IMG]

However if you have albums that have been reissued they will have the reissue date and will be out of order.
    [​IMG]

And if it doesnt know what date the album is from it just sticks it in the back.

Additionally there is now way to select on individual albums from the artist section. So if you have an artist with a lot of albums you have to scroll through all the songs on the albums to get to the song you want.
    This has been my biggest gripe about ios7 so far. Anybody figure out anything in settings to get around this?

2. BvizioN macrumors 68040

BvizioN

Maybe a bug? My albums are all listed alphabetically.

3. Big Dawg 23 macrumors regular

I had to revert off of iOS7 because my music app was very buggy. It didn't like doing my iTunes Match. Also I hope it was only a bug that there is no option to download all in the playlist you select.

Music app wasn't my only issue so was WPA2 certificate. I see a fix on another thread that might lead me back to iOS7.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'd say issue a bug report to apple on this. Let them know about it (in case they are unaware of the issue)

5. jacobss macrumors 6502

Everything you said was a big reason for me to go back to iOS 6.

6. towg macrumors regular

My iOs7 Music app is a nightmare to use. Maybe its down to my iTunes Match library being so big but I have to tap on the back arrow two or three times for it to work.

I'm not complaining though as most of the other apps run fine :)

7. clauzzz203 macrumors regular

Yes !!! I've wanted album sorting by year since I've had iPhones. It's easier to appreciate a band's style throughout the years :)

8. myrtlebee macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

The hot pink and white interface elements are what turns me off to it. They need a more neutral color scheme. Most people with country, hard rock, and classical albums are probably not going to appreciate the hot pink.

9. okrelayer macrumors 6502a

About time it started sorting by release year.