Music apps like Last.fm and Pandora for Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MarkL123, Jun 4, 2014.

1. MarkL123 macrumors newbie

Thinking of switching from Windows to Mac. But I'm liking Windows now with its music apps. Any music apps like Last.fm and Pandora on Mac?

2. pk314 macrumors member

The Spotify app for Mac is very good and has a lot of new plus older music, worth giving it a try.

3. Pharmscott macrumors 6502a

Pharmscott

Or, you don't really need an app. Just use the web version.

4. hologram macrumors 6502

There are a few Pandora clients on the App store. Muse looks like the best one.

5. Janichsan macrumors 65816

Janichsan

Yes. They are called Last.fm and Pandora.

6. MarkL123 thread starter macrumors newbie

Just found out those music apps in the Windows Store are crap. Nothing special. The Slacker and iHeartRadio apps are just like what you get in the web. The other apps are just downright terrible. Definitely upgrading to a Mac.

7. soulsyphon macrumors regular

most music apps are based on the website... no actual difference... if you're switching to mac just for music you're kind of derping yourself.

people switch to mac for the OS overall, that's usually the case... like ios vs android... osx is just a better choice for people with more money... like the usual comparison of bmw vs chevy.

if you play video games, you'll have less choices... but the most popular ones are available.

the apps on osx are usually better than windows... windows copied the app store, just like they copied the bar on the bottom... mac had a bar since mid 80s. a lot of stuff osx does windows copies. just like android.

everyone loves to copy apple (samsung *cough*) but non apple customers think windows and samsung are unique in their fields... just look at the amazon phone, its a direct copy of iphone.

meh. we apple users are used to it.

8. MarkL123 thread starter macrumors newbie

I know that now and I'm not switching just for music.

I am switching for the OS.

I don't play video games.

Apple is definitely more advanced.

Everybody loves to copy off the best.

I'll be an Apple user soon.

9. johnnnw macrumors 65816

johnnnw

You really are the worst type of person. And why Apple fans have such a bad image.

Get over yourself.

The truth is Apple has taken a lot of cues from other people too and called it revolutionary. You're just way too biased to see it.

"we Apple users are used to it"

facepalm.