Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fatboyslick

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Hi

On my old Windows PC I used a program called Mixmeister to create DJ sets/mixes.

It had multiple channels to allow me to add songs and mix them together for a mash up or mix them like a DJ set. It could be used live but importantly I used it for building up a set and converting to a 60 min MP3. It also allowed me to chop up the songs, split them etc so I could create my own versions.

On the Mac App Store I can only see Apps that allow you to create live sets - ie one song after another but only with two channels and don't allow you to tweak the MP3s.

Unless you friendly folk can wither point me in the right direction?

Many thanks

ObuckiO

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
Hi

On my old Windows PC I used a program called Mixmeister to create DJ sets/mixes.

It had multiple channels to allow me to add songs and mix them together for a mash up or mix them like a DJ set. It could be used live but importantly I used it for building up a set and converting to a 60 min MP3. It also allowed me to chop up the songs, split them etc so I could create my own versions.

On the Mac App Store I can only see Apps that allow you to create live sets - ie one song after another but only with two channels and don't allow you to tweak the MP3s.

Unless you friendly folk can wither point me in the right direction?

Many thanks
Just a suggestion: I used GarageBand "Loops" for building a track to convert to MP3. There are plenty of videos on how to use loops.

I'll put all my sound effects and scratches on one track in GarageBand, plus, I'll record some work using MixVibes(Cross iDj), export to GarageBand Loops to fine tweak them.

I am amateur at this, but I hope this can help with your question I am assuming.

fatboyslick

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Thanks

Don't think it's flexible enough for what I want though as a typical mixing programme will let me easily change BPMs, see keys etc

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.