Music artwork for compilations is duplicated in landscape mode

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by bananataffy, Nov 28, 2014.

1. bananataffy macrumors member

See image below:

[​IMG]

This is what it shows when I flip my iPhone into landscape mode when i'm in the Music app. The artwork is duplicated for any album that contains multiple artists.

When I highlight all of the songs in the album and click edit, then check the box "Album is a compilation of songs by various artists," then sync my iPhone, it still doesn't fix it.

e.g.
    [​IMG]

The only "solution" I could find is to apply an album artist sort field (for example, enter "Various Artists" as the album artist under the Sorting tab,) but this is an inelegant workaround as now all the artists in any given compilation is grouped under "Various Artists" when I browse the Artists tab in the music app. When you have thousands of songs and many compilations, this makes the library horribly convoluted.

Anyone have a better way to group album artwork together for compilations without applying an album artwork sort field?

2. Fzang macrumors 65816

Fzang

My solution is usually finding out which person or label compiled the album, and then use that as album artist :p