Music automatically was downloaded without my knowledge, now cannot remove

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by technopimp, Oct 30, 2013.

1. technopimp macrumors 6502a

I do not keep any music stored locally on my iPhone. I use Rhapsody/Pandora exclusively and never even launch the local music app.

I upgraded to iOS7 about 3-4 weeks ago, and have not had any issues until today. Myseriously, when I was playing Rhapsody some other song I didn't recognize started playing. I swiped up to see what was going on and I still didn't know what it was. I then wondered if somehow it was trying to play something from the music app (even though I hadn't downloaded anything). Sure enough, some "free single of the week" I'd downloaded years ago had somehow been downloaded and was playing (again, I've never even opened the music app in iOS7).

So, that mystery aside, I thought 'that's OK, I'll just delete it'. Except, I can't. There is no option to delete. I've been searching and everyone says to do a swipe on the song and it will present the delete option. That does not work for me. Swiping doesn't produce any option. So, I read again how some people had to turn off/on the "show all music", then forcibly download the song, wait and then delete. Tried that, still no delete option.

Now, whenever I launch Rhapsody, it just starts playing this one song. I have reset/killed the app/etc.

How do I get rid of this dumb song??

2. kolax macrumors G3

Must have something like ' automatically download previous purchases' enabled.

3. technopimp thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nope, and it's only the one song. But there's nothing I can do to delete it. Really don't want to wipe the phone just to remove a song I didn't put there in the first place. :mad:

4. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Is there a cloud icon next to the song? Sounds like iTunes in the Cloud to me.

Also, you must now swipe from right to left to delete (previously, you would swipe left to right).

5. technopimp thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nope. If I turn on "show everything" there is a cloud icon next to it, but when I turn that off it shows me having this one and only song. Again, swiping doesn't bring up any options. Very frustrating.

6. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Ok - and I realized you had tried swiping, just wanted to make sure you were swiping from right to left, as the swiping direction had changed since iOS 6.

7. technopimp thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yep, neither direction does anything.

8. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Settings > General > Usage > Once the apps under "Storage" show up, click on Music > Edit (top right hand corner), then the red button to the left of "Music" to delete what is stored on the phone.

Give that a shot?

9. technopimp thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hadn't thought of that, but interestingly enough when I go there the Music app says "No data". :confused: