Music Controls on a Watch

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by BlueLagoonMountain, May 9, 2017.

1. BlueLagoonMountain macrumors newbie

So yeah, I'm aware the Apple Watch exists. I read all about it, its luxury, voice controls, and best integration for a watch on the iPhone. However, what I want most the Apple Watch sure does, but I was hoping for a better alternative.

I mainly want a watch to serve as a music control device, since I hate voice control in general and we know how the media control situation is on the AirPods without it. Other than that, not much else. An always on screen to tell time and a strong battery life. I don't care for smart watch app, fitness, notifications, and whatnot (in the priority list those would be well below "style" for my desired watch).

Pretty simple, I already had the Pebble Time Steel in mind but was wondering if there were better alternatives. One thing I like the Pebble for my needs are the hardware buttons for quick controls without glancing over at the watch, the always on display, and decent battery life. I am aware it is no longer supported since the acquisition by FitBit but I'd say my needs are basic anyhow.

tldr; any good looking watches out there with -easily accessed- music controls for iPhone?

2. Stefan johansson macrumors 65816

Stefan johansson

Look up the garmin fenix 3,for your use,it would probably give you 10-12 days battery life before recharge.

3. BlueLagoonMountain thread starter macrumors newbie

That's a hefty price tag on such a watch. I'm weary that the price itself doesn't warrant the basic features I need other than a rather nice-looking smartwatch with a screen that's viewable outdoors.

4. Stefan johansson macrumors 65816

Stefan johansson

Maybe so,but IF you want iPhone compatibility,there are basically three watches to choose from,the Apple Watch,the garmin series,or the pebble.
    Pebble is the cheapest,garmin has the best battery time,and Apple has the best non-fitness functionality.