Music Controls Pro or help me :)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by rans0m00, Oct 18, 2011.

1. rans0m00 macrumors 6502

So looking for some options for controlling spotify and pandora from my head unit using dock connector. I found music controls pro..... pandora works awesome... spotify it says it doesnt work with this version of spotify... well I have tried every version back to 0.4.8... All say the same thing... wondering if I am missing something or if anyone knows of an app from cydia that will do the same and work with spotify?

Maybe this should be directed towards the dev but would rather get some real world answers if they are available.

2. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

The MCP Dev is updating all of his apps right now for iOS5 compatibility and to get current with updates to apps like Spotify--at least, according to his Twitter feed as of a day or so ago.

Once it updates, you won't want to update Spotify/Pandora/etc. the minute an update for those apps comes through. I got caught out that way with TuneIn Radio, which MCP also supports--updated without thinking, and have been waiting since for him to play catch up.

The only similar apps I'm aware of don't work with anything other than the iPod app, but perhaps someone else is aware of one...

3. rans0m00 thread starter macrumors 6502

See I downgraded I think 4 versions... 0.4.8 has a ui i have never even seen before... Oh well looking forward to an update...

4. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Tweet or email the Dev then, perhaps? Looked like from his Twitter feed that he'd fallen a bit behind with real life stuff, I'm not sure what version of Spotify his app last supported. I know TuneIn has updated twice since then, it's been a couple of months.

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

he pretty much stopped working on it. I emailed and asked him on twitter I got not response. I ended up uninstalling it. I hope he works on it again I love MCP.

6. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

When?

Here's a tweet from just three days ago:

http://twitter.com/#!/phoenixdev

Also:

So I think there's still plenty of room to hope we see an update before, say, the end of the month or so.

(I only looked him up the other day because I'd added Bongiovi DPS and wanted to see if MCP supported it. After reading all these, figured since he was already so behind, it probably wasn't worth asking if he'd add it in. LOL iOS 5 updates plus getting current with the stuff he does support is more critical. But I do like Bongiovi's equalizer functions and it would be nice to see it added. And Audible, for audiobooks.)

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

it was maybe a month ago.. I'm glad you saw them because I missed them. thanks for the good news.. I should be ready to upgrade to 5.0 by then.. waiting for Chpwn as well.