Music De-Authorization

Discussion in 'iPod' started by marioalexander, Mar 6, 2008.

1. marioalexander macrumors newbie

Okay I need some serious help, my computer died about 2 years ago with all my songs on it. However, I had them all backed up on my iPod. Today i finally got my dream-Macbook Pro (penryn), and I need to de-authorize all of the other computers that my songs have been authorized on. Because heres the thing, I have no damn idea who has authorization and on what computer. I cant even listen to my own music right now which blows. Is there any way?

2. seeker777 macrumors member

seeker777

Yes, you can deauthorize all computers without access to them, then authorize the computer you are now using. Read this article, and look in the "tips" section.

3. marykay9507 macrumors 6502a

marykay9507

according to this, you have to wait until you have 5 computers authorized (the max) to be able to deauthorize-- i only have 4, therefore it does not give me any option to deauthorize any of the computers...is there a way to do it? or must I wait until I reach the max?

4. seeker777 macrumors member

seeker777

1. I believe that what they are saying is that since you can only do this once a year, you do not need to "worry" about re-setting because you can still authorize another device. The process should still work with less than 5 (I know a friend who deauthorized to keep an ex from using the music).

2. If it does not work at your 4 devices, simply authorize another computer (friend, work, etc,), then deautorize all of them.

5. marioalexander thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it! It works!!!