Music doesn't stop playing when I receive a call

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iMas70, Nov 8, 2017.

1. iMas70 macrumors 65816

I usually listen to iHeart Radio and Pandora during the day. That music would stop playing when I received a call on my iPhone 6. It keeps playing when I receive a calling on the iPhone X. I have to manually stop it. Am I missing something? Maybe a setting that I need to change to take care of this?

2. iMas70 thread starter macrumors 65816

Bumping this up to see if anyone else has experienced the problem. I've looked settings but can't find anything that should be changed.

3. GetSwole37 macrumors regular

It has happened to me too from time to time. But this actually happened to me on the 7plus too. Yesterday on iPhoneX. So wonder if it’s a software bug

4. sdwaltz macrumors 6502a

I have had this problem off and on for years. Multiple phones, multiple version of iOS. It happens very, very rarely though. Like "once or twice a year" rarely.

I've always written it off as a once-in-a-blue-moon type thing. Is this happening to you every time, OP?

5. iMas70 thread starter macrumors 65816

I've never had it happy until I got my iPhone X. The music doesn't pause each time the phone rings. Something that I have to notice is if it only happens when I'm using my Airpods or if it does it when I'm listening to a bluetooth speaker. I've been using the AirPods a lot lately so I have to try it with the speaker too.

I'll be at an Apple Store tomorrow so I'm going to ask if they've heard anything about it.

6. iMas70 thread starter macrumors 65816

I talked to someone at the Apple store. Phone diagnostic were fine. He thinks it might be a software problem. I'm using beta software so he couldn't go to far with it. I'll see if an update changes anything.

7. coolaaron88 macrumors regular

coolaaron88

Its an issue with iOS 11.2 beta 2 on the iPhone X and other iPhones running the same software

8. TinyChip macrumors regular

I listen to Spotify and iTunes library and it’s never happened to me. (Although Spotify has its own set of other annoying bugs, like Bluetooth connectivity problems with Sonos One and my VW.)