Music Edit

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by chris459, Jan 27, 2011.

1. chris459 macrumors member

Im looking for a program like Sound Forge but for the Mac. I need to be able to speed up & slow down the song cut parts of the song things like that. Any one have any suggestions? Thanks Chris

2. simsaladimbamba

Have you taken a look into Garage Band, part oi iLife and coming with every Mac?
    Or maybe Audacity can help, if you don't want to use Garage Band.

3. chris459 thread starter macrumors member

They both suck and dont compare to sound forge

4. dXTC macrumors 68020

dXTC

Perhaps Sound Studio 4 might be of use. I have version 3.5, and it's quite similar to the older Sound Forge, which I used on my XP box before getting my Mac. The Mac App Store has it, and can also be downloaded directly from the developers in the link I gave in the first sentence of this post (with a free 15-use trial).

5. John Doe 57 macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

ACID Pro, Reason, Sonar, Pro Tools, Logic Studio...

6. dXTC macrumors 68020

dXTC

My guess is that chris459 is looking for something a bit simpler, and a bit easier on the budget too. Sound Forge was (and still is, even though it's now Adobe Audition) a popular tool for aspiring DJs and remixers who don't do any composing or want to deal with tons of virtual tracks or effects.

The tools you mention, though, are rather nice. My main DAW is Cakewalk Sonar; I use it on my Mac via Bootcamp. I use Sound Studio for mastering my 24-bit final mixdowns to 16-bit and cleaning up the ends.

7. John Doe 57 macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

Yeah they aren't cheap but they sure do work nice. I'm using Reason 5 and GarageBand right now and its a thing of beauty.:)