Music Editing Software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by glocke12, Jan 20, 2008.

1. glocke12 macrumors 6502a

glocke12

Hi,

Im looking for music software that performs some pretty basic functions.
    Namely, be able to take a tune (imported from my CD collection or bought through itunes), and transpose it to another key without speeding it up or slowing it down, be able to change the tempo without changing pitch, and to be able to perform a simple AB loop on a portion of the tune.

Is there any inexpensive, easy to use software out there that does the above?
    Im not really interested in anything that has a steep learning curve, but I will also take what I can get.

2. AussieSusan macrumors member

3. hk8899 macrumors newbie

If your running MAC I would buy a copy of Ilife 08' and use garageband but if you're using a Microsoft Audacity should do the job.:D

4. glocke12 thread starter macrumors 6502a

glocke12

garage band will do those thins I mentioend? Whats the difference between a purchased copy of ilife, and the ilife/garage band that came with my MBP with leopard?

I tried audacity on my windows machine, looks like it will work except that it doesnt seem to like things I purchased from itunes, it said they were encypted or something.

5. hk8899 macrumors newbie

Well if you already have GarageBand on your MAC you should be able to import the songs you want by going into your itunes library and dragging the songs you want into the track on garageband. There is no difference between a purchased copy and an pre-installed copy. It was just if you didn't have Ilife already.

Good Luck!

6. riscy macrumors 6502a

riscy

Audacity is also available for Mac :)