Music erased off iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ghcmonkey, Jul 19, 2009.

1. ghcmonkey macrumors newbie

Today, I did a normal sync, then later on, tried to listen to music on my iPhone. Then something weird happened. The iPod said "No music available." I then went to Settings to check what happened, and oddly enough, it said 0 songs, but the storage used was the same as what it was with the music. I plugged it into iTunes, and everything looked normal, so I unsynced all the music and resynced it all back. It finally worked as it normally did again.

Have any of you experienced random music deletions like this before? I find it strange that all of the songs were in the iPhone, but they couldn't be found.

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Just be sure you have a backup on an external hard drive, as well as your computer. I haven't had it happened to me, but I've heard others have lost everything b/c someone else deleted all of their music because they wanted to start fresh with their new iPod Nano on the same computer and same iTunes account; Ooops.....:eek::eek::eek:

3. QuadCoreDad macrumors member

Hmm.. yea you should save your music on an external hardrive/ if you have more than 1 com at home then use the other as itunes backup

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

It's happened to me a few times. I'm guessing that the music database occasionary gets corrupted for some reason. Unsyncing and resyncing like you did fixes the problem, so I don't consider it a biggie.