Music Folder/Itunes Music Folder

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by longhornpride, Nov 12, 2008.

1. longhornpride macrumors newbie

Alright, i have a music folder in my music section, it has at least 50 gigs and i put it in my itunes. Now i dont have all 50 gigs in my itunes cause i deleted songs, etc etc. My music folder does take up alot of memory on my mac and i only got 148 gigs. Could i just delete my music folder and then i can have my itunes folder as my main folder or all my music will be deleted? help me out dudes

2. barryg macrumors newbie

music folder and itunes folder

im thinking of doing the exact same.. the music folder has all my music artist by artist, and then the itunes folder in the music folder seems to have the same in it.. can i remove all the artist folders in the music folder and leave the itunes on the music folder ? If you can understand what i mean?

3. barryg macrumors newbie

Iphoto and Pictures

Same question for the pictures folder. If i have imported all my pictures to iphoto can I then remove the flies and folders in the pictures folder? I am trying to free up my mac book it has 6gb free space. I have time capsule so I can backup all the files in the music and pictures folders and keep the files there.
    Basically is the contents of pictures duplicated in the iphoto folder?
    and is the contents of the music folder duplicated in the itunes folder?
    it looks like it and it would save me 30+gb....
    thanks barry

4. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Help->Consolidate Library

Then you can delete the duplicates.

iPhoto is probably similar - are you storing the photos in the iPhoto Library, or referencing them elsewhere? (i don't use iPhoto).

These are what you need to check in iTunes to see if you have been using.... (these, as in the enclosed pic with the checkboxes checked - fyi, mine is stored on an external HDD)

Attached Files:

5. longhornpride thread starter macrumors newbie

wow thank you so much
    so now i can delete my folder where i store all my music?