Music from ext hdd sound clipping/lagging

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Artoo, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Artoo macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I'm new to MacRumors and decided to sign up since I'm having some issues with my new Macbook (Ivy Bridge 512mb vRAM , 8gb RAM).

Although the problem probably isn't my Macbook itself, it's most-likely my previous computer. An Acer Aspire 5551g... i'm not sure.

So, whenever i synced music from my Acer to my iPhone, the sound would be clipping and lagging, making weird noises etc.
    Now i transfered all of my music to my ext hdd. Plugged it into my macbook : same result whenever i try to play music from the ext hdd.

Does anyone have a solution for this?
    Should i take this to an Acer forum?

Hope you guys can help !

Cheers,
    Artoo

2. leekaiwei macrumors member

leekaiwei

Transferred from where? Phone or Acer?

3. flipnap macrumors 6502

too little information. what type of format is music? mp3, ogg, flac, do they sound like that when you transfer the file to the mac as opposed to playing off a drive. open one of the somgs in a wave editor and see if its clipped or has noise. if so the files are corrupted.

4. Artoo thread starter macrumors newbie

Ohyeh, maybe i should have added some more info.

The music files (mp3, m4a) were transferred from my acer notebook to my external hard drive. Then i plugged my ext hdd into my macbook and when i play any of the songs, by the way legally bought via iTunes & Beatport, it results in a weird noise. I can recognize the song but i can hear these bleep bloop clips/lags.

The same happens when I sync the music files from my acer notebook to my iPhone 4S.

Openen up Audacity and tried playing High Contrast - The Return of Forever.
    The noises were clearly present.

-Artoo

EDIT :

Forgot to mention, the files play flawlessly on the acer notebook. Are the files being corrupted while transferring them to my ext hdd & iPhone?

Attached Files: