Music Gone after update

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Macaddict16, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Macaddict16 macrumors 6502

Just updated to iOS 6 on my 4S. All of my music from my phone is gone. I am using iTunes Match and it doesn't even show me the song titles. It know how many songs are in the playlist, but all of the lines are blank. Restart didn't do anything. Suggestions?

2. sharpycl macrumors 6502

sharpycl

It took about half an hour to show up in my music app. Same with my contacts/calendar/mail/etc.

3. naeS1Sean macrumors 6502a

naeS1Sean

4. toxthexnines macrumors regular

toxthexnines

I'm currently having the same issue. All my music is blank and has the time as 0:00 for all songs.

5. JoganJani macrumors member

My photos were gone. I unchecked the on the Photos tab and synced again. Then checked on the tab again and synced. All back to normal now.

6. Macaddict16 thread starter macrumors 6502

Music and movies are still missing from my 4S and iPad 3. Any ideas how to get them back?

7. NameUndecided macrumors 6502a

I too noticed that the songs in all [that I checked] of my albums were "missing" and with a 0:00 runtime.

I turned off iTunes Match on my device and updated iTunes Match on my computer while that was off, since I needed to update it anyway.

Now I've turned iTunes Match back on and opened my Music app. I have only a Cloud icon with a progress bar, not at all filled yet in the ten minutes I've had it going. So I'll leave it open that way while I have it charging and see if it moves at all during the night.

I just know that starting up iTunes Match anew didn't hang like this before. We will see! So if you're having this issue, you're uhhh, not the only one.

8. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

My photos were gone too. I wasn't too worried because I had already backed them up and will be getting the i5 on Friday.

However, after around 15-20 minutes they magically appeared. Was very odd.

9. NameUndecided macrumors 6502a

Kind of funny and weird: If I close the Music app by removing it from the bottom-bar task-manager-thing, when I re-open it, my music library will flash on the screen just as it opens and then it goes to the Cloud icon with the unmoving progress bar.

I will see if it's still like this in the morning, as I know this isn't a lone-issue. I'm sure it will be fixed somehow soon, even if I have to contact Apple support about it.

10. jloafer macrumors newbie

music missing after ios 6 update

I updated to IOS 6 on my iphone 4 and now my music is gone. The artist are there, then the song numbers, but the song names are blank and the time for every song is 0:00. Does anyone know how to fix this?

11. Macaddict16 thread starter macrumors 6502

Mine is still gone. Tried syncing the phone and iPad to the computer and that didn't work. This is starting to piss me off.

12. almonde macrumors regular

Mine is still gone too, tried toggling iTunes Match, that does nothing, the only locally synced material i had were podcasts, they are missing and I can't sync them back. The usage on the phone, shows 'no data' for the music app. This is annoying.

13. Joe91 macrumors newbie

Same thing here too.

iPhone 4S, running latest iTunes version on Lion.

My music was all there until I opened iTunes for the first time after updating to iOS 6, then it just disappeared.

I've never used iTunes Match.

See screenshot below... I have 35GB of music, all of which is set to sync, but the only music on my iPhone is anything in the 'Purchased' playlist.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

14. alivne macrumors newbie

Photos gone after update to iOS 6

My photos were also gone after the updated.
    After several minutes they reappeared.

15. Macaddict16 thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm at work right now so I can't try this, but I found this on an Apple Support Forum:

Gentlemen I've solved my problem (with the help of an other thread) !!

1. Download and install iExplorer (Google it)

2. Plug in iPhone first, then open iExplorer

3. Delete the iPhone\Media\iTunes_Control folder (you can copy it to your laptop, just in case)

4. Reboot the iPhone

5. Turn on iTunes Match in settings.

6. Start Music app

They also really reccomended reinstalling iOS 6 fresh without a backup. They say that iTunes match is much faster even with large libraries.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4311721?start=15&tstart=0

Macaddict16

16. NameUndecided macrumors 6502a

I can confirm that this works! This was easy enough for me to try, because I already had iExplorer on my Mac...

Instead of the entire iTunes_Control folder, I just deleted from this folder, iPhone\Media\iTunes_Control\iTunes, the following three files:

MediaLibrary.sqllitedb
    MediaLibrary.sqllitedb-shm
    MediaLibrary.sqllitedb-wal

I don't know if it makes a difference, but I made sure the Music app on my iPad was closed all the way before I did this. Also, just for fun and safety, drag those three files to your Desktop for backup beforehand.

I then disconnected the iPad from my computer and did a hard reset by holding the Home and Power button down at the same time.

When the iPad was restarted, I opened the Music app and at first the Cloud icon appeared for a moment and then just a blank library. After a minute or so of that, I closed and reopened the app and then my music all loaded as it should. (So I don't know what that first attempt was all about.)

So, yeah. Confirmed! It works! :)

17. Joe91 macrumors newbie

Brilliant, thanks mate!

I left my phone plugged into my computer with iTunes running all night in hope that my music would appear, no joy.

Your steps worked great for me. After that, iTunes asked to restore from a backup (which I chose) and it re-synced all my songs/data.

Interesting since I've never used iTunes Match.

Problem solved anyway, appreciate the help.