iPhone Music Gone!

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by BadLTD, Jan 17, 2014.

1. BadLTD macrumors member

I just connected my jailbroken iPhone 5 7.0.4 to my itunes like I always do. It did an update,now all my music is gone and I am furious because I didn't back any up. Any solutions or reasons why this happened? I had over 2000+ songs now there all gone.

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

what do you mean you didnt back it up? The only way to put music on your phone is through iTunes (legally at least)

3. BadLTD thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I did everything legally, but iTunes only backs up Contacts,Notes, etc...I soon as I put music into my phone i delete it from my computer because its in my phone. That's why I never had a backup of it. But this is ridiculous how I lost all my music like that. Makes me want to call up Apple if I didn't have a jailbroken phone.

4. Howard Ellacott macrumors member

Howard Ellacott

Why would you delete it in iTunes?! You did make sure that the phone wasn't set to sync your music with iTunes right?

5. BadLTD thread starter macrumors member

Yes of course bro. i was pretty much using my iPhone as a storage device for my music collection. Looks like that was a bad day. I have a mast backup from way back but nothing close to what I already had build up in my iPhone music collection. Any way to get it back?

6. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Oh man, I think when you synced with itunes since no songs were on your computer it removed it from your phone as well.

Why did you delete the songs from your PC in the first place? I dont understand that part. that's your backup.

7. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

If the songs aren't in your iTunes library, they'll be removed from your phone next time you plug it in to sync. Why would you delete them from your computer anyway? Storage is cheap, and an iPhone is a horrible place to store your only "backup."

8. BadLTD thread starter macrumors member

I know man I'm a dick for that. But still iTunes should of never replaced my song with my iTunes library. I had it set up so it wouldn't do that. Then all of a sudden it deletes my music.

9. dcp10 macrumors 6502

So where did the songs originate from? cd rips?

10. BadLTD thread starter macrumors member

Yes, like i said from my personal music collection. I spent hours ripping and importing my music digitally now its all gone. Thanks for the help guys but it looks like i got to start from square one. :mad:

11. dcp10 macrumors 6502

That totally sucks, I've been there myself. I keep a hard drive now just for a back up. Like some else said, storage is cheap.

12. BadLTD thread starter macrumors member

I have a WesternDigital HD backup drive but that got corrupted also.

13. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

You deleted it from iTunes, there is the issue. Music isn't backed up because it is supposed to be there to sync. Never trust those settings to stay the same. Always verify before allowing a sync, especially if there are no files on computer

And even without a jailbroken phone there is nothing Apple can do, or would. They don't support user created data loss.

14. BadLTD thread starter macrumors member

There was nothing to delete from iTunes from the beginning, but my best guess is when iTunes got updated my settings must of went back to default causing my music to be deleted.

I'm about half way to where my music was once at, got to rip and import again -_-

15. darngooddesign macrumors G3

You think you have it bad, I lost a drive with 200+ GB of my ripped music. Had to do all that again.

16. ZipZap macrumors 601

If this is not a joke :eek:

then its your own fault for not backing up your music. If any setting in iTunes changes and it thinks it needs to sync…you're scr--ed as it will delete all from your phone and replace if with your library even if its empty.

I would not call Apple. They'll likely tell you its your fault.

17. old-wiz macrumors G3

You should always have multiple backups; never depend on a single copy for anything that's important to you.

Where would you have been if you had dropped your phone? Would you be complaining to Apple about this too?

You need not only the iTunes copy of the music but at lest 2 backups of your system. I keep 3 bootable clone backups of all my systems and never worry about suddenly losing all my music or video or photos. HDDs are cheap and a lot easier than re-creating your entire library.