Music In Slideshow!

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by jonG, Jan 7, 2008.

1. jonG macrumors member

Hey Guys im a designer and kinda new to the whole audio music side of things, so here is what I want to do. I want to bring in tracks of music and split them up and only use parts of them in a slideshow with pictures, maybe in Garageband is this possible or is there any other program i need that will make it easy. Thanks for the help.

2. c-Row macrumors 65816

c-Row

To use my usual analogy, it's about as easy as getting the egg out of the cake again. If you don't got the original parts, you won't be able to isolate them from the complete track either. Unlike the human ear, computer technology can't "hear" which parts are which.

You can try to use some filtering on the tracks, maybe to filter out the bass and parts of the drums, but results are rarely satisfying.

3. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

Doesn't he mean just to cut them up and edit, rather than to isolate instruments?

In Garageband you can cut, paste and move tracks around with ease. I've never paired audio with a video or a slideshow on my mac before, but I'm sure something in iLife than can do that too.

JJJ