Music is gone, still shows up in iTunes- please help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 3301991, Aug 25, 2008.

1. 3301991 macrumors newbie

Ok, sometimes things happen that make me really happy I have a touch, then stuff happens that makes me wish I had the classic. I had to force restart my iPod last night because it froze, and when I turned it back on and went into music, it said "no content" you can download music from the iTunes store...blah blah blah. but when I connected it to iTunes, and clicked on my iPod, it still showed that all my music was there. Any ideas?

sorry if this is a repeat thread, that search box never seems to work for me:/

2. 11800506 macrumors 65816

I would try restoring it and reloading all of your music if nothing else works.

3. 3301991 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok, but that causes another problem for me, iTunes wont let me sync applications for whatever reason. restoring will wipe everything out, and the only way i'll get my apps back is through my iPod, and I REALLY don't want to manually add each one again:/

4. ccfoodog macrumors member

Before you restore, plug in and select 'file > transfer purchases from ipod' from the iTunes menu. Your apps should show up in iTunes. Then you can restore and sync them back.

-john