music lags on sleep, and other problems

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bigmat1201, Oct 2, 2008.

1. bigmat1201 macrumors member

Whenever I put my iphone 3G (2.1) to sleep, with the ipod playing, the music lags about 3-5 seconds. It used to do this every once in a while, now it does it every time. Its very annoying. How to do you fix this.

Also whenever I make a call or receive a call, the music shuts off (like its supposed to) but when the call is over, you have to skip to the next track for the music to come back on, this is actually a new problem, just started today.

Another little problem, probably should go here, but, I downloaded a neat mesquito ringtone and i put it in itunes (lastest version) and I synced it to my phone (turning on ringtone sync) and it says its there on my phone, but when I go in to sound and ringtones, its not there.

would hard rebooting the phone and loading everything over again fix these problems.

2. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

A restart or reset is a good quick help with iPhone issues. Or you can do a restore if those don't work.

Where did you get the ringtone? From Apple? A website?

I've had success by with an mp3 sound effect as a ringtone by:

1) Converting it as an AAC in iTunes
    2) Dragging it to the desktop and changing the filename to .m4r
    3) Dragging it back to iTunes and then syncing my iPhone

3. bigmat1201 thread starter macrumors member

I got the ringtone from freemesquitoringtones.com (i think), its a .m4r format, its shows up as being on the iphone, through itunes, but its not there, also Itunes will play it, so it is a good copy. I'll try a hard boot tonight and see if that help my problems.

4. bigmat1201 thread starter macrumors member

fixed some of it

the ringtone works now, after reinstalling everything, I'm going to test out the rest of the problems today, hopefully they were fixed to.

5. bigmat1201 thread starter macrumors member

fixed so for, kinda

so far so good, didn't have any those problems today, but a new one popped up, now when ever I unplug the headphones during a call, it drops the call. Oh well that problem is less annoying than the others :)