Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Minimoose 360

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
NY
So I got my iPhone 5, and set it up with a back-up from my old iPhone (which I made directly before). Everything else went great, but now in my music library I have duplicate albums. (I browse my music by album.) One duplicate album album glitches out if you try to play anything in it, while the other works. (The faulty one will switch wildly between songs for a second and then exit to the main album list.

I ended up with 1927 songs on my iPhone, when there are only 1847 on my Mac. Re-syncing doesn't seem to help.

Also, some album art is missing or incorrect in the main list (smaller thumbnails), but is correct when you select the album (larger thumbnail.)

Anyone else experience this? Do I have to muck around with this manually?

AJTAFFINDER

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2012
Hey mate it's a new feature on the iPhone, when you download music via your Computer it is automatically pushed to your iPhone, go into Settings > iTunes & App Stores and TURN OFF Automatic Downloads (on your iPhone) this will prevent downloads being pushed to your phone!

:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.