Music Library Home Sharing, can't create lists, etc..apps don't see it?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cshannahan, Mar 22, 2011.

1. cshannahan macrumors newbie

Ok, the home sharing over Wi-Fi is cool, I use it with my apple tv and my ipad. The thing that ticks me off is that I can't create a playlist on my ipad from a remote shared library running on my computer!!! Apple, seriously! I just want to be able to access my music, click on a song, queue up a song, etc! I can't believe they are lacking so badly in this dept? Am I wrong here, am I missing something?

I downloaded a few DJ, Music Player and Jukebox apps, none of them see my shared library, just local music which I don't have much of. Does anyone know of anything that works for this, I want a nice app or something that can let me create playlists, queue up a song(s) from my shared library on my PCs Itunes. Didn't think it would be this hard?

2. baummer macrumors 6502a

There is no way, currently, to do this. Home Sharing is basically a read-only operation.

3. Krandor macrumors 6502

Not completely read-only because it does report back play count information.

As for the OP question about Apps using home sharing... well, home sharing just came out so even if apps can access it (not a dev so don't know) you will need to give developers a little time to figure out how to use it and set it up in their apps.