Music Library Organization

Discussion in 'iPod' started by ThaQuest, Feb 15, 2008.

1. ThaQuest macrumors newbie

Why does iTunes/iPod/iPhone break up my albums into seperate folders? For example, if there are featured guests on a song, it will create an entire new folder. This is really annoying when scrolling through albums and artists on my iPhone. How can I change this so that one album has one folder?

Thanks!

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Leave the Artist field as it is, but use the "Album Artist" field, using the same name for each song.

3. ThaQuest thread starter macrumors newbie

How can I do this? In the preferences? I looked but could not find anything.

Thanks!

4. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Highlight the whole album in iTunes, Apple+I, then edit the Album Artist field.

5. ThaQuest thread starter macrumors newbie

I was aware of this. But I have thousands of albums. To do this for each one is more time that I care to spend. There's got to be another way...one setting to change that will affect all files?

6. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

You only have to do it for albums that contain songs by multiple artists

7. ThaQuest thread starter macrumors newbie

Which is only just about every album in my collection. I love Apple, but in this respect (splitting up the albums into separate folders) they are retarded. Frustrated...

8. -Noodles macrumors regular

-Noodles

the problem I'm having is that even when inputing the album artist, when i organize by album artist I still get certain albums split into multiples with a few tracks for each, even though they should all be under one album picture.

Any suggestions?:confused: