All iPads Music Management on the iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Centris 650, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Centris 650 macrumors 6502a

Centris 650

I've owned the 16 gb iPad 2 and the 32gb iPad 4 and I've never put much of my music on either of them due to space constraints. (Especially the 16 gig) How do you handle music on your ipad? Do you buy the bigger iPad to handle your music? Do you use iTunes Match? Do you use Pandora or Spotify to listen to music? Or do you use another device like an iPod or iPhone? How will iTunes Radio change or not change how you listen/store music on your ipad?

Here's why I'm asking, my office is secluded and quiet and I like to play music while I work. Also, I'm on the road occasionally and I use my iPad for most of my work so having my music on me (and not on my phone) is a plus. I have seriously considered getting the new Nano but then I'm carrying 3 devices.
    I've never used iTunes match but I'm willing to subscribe is I get my music library without tying up space.

So, how do you manage music on your iPad? What suggestions can you give to me and others who are dealing with the balancing act of accessibility vs storage space?

Thanks!

2. Chocolatemilty macrumors 6502a

I went ahead and put my entire music library in the cloud for free using Google Play Music. I then use the gMusic app it stream my library to my iPad. I also subscribe to Google Play Music All-Access (such a ridiculous name, but really good streaming service), and the app has that capability built right in. I wish I could recommend the app wholeheartedly, yet it has its shortcomings with a few annoying bugs with playback stopping when switching from wifi to cellular and playback stopping if you seek a few tracks, but it works perfectly when it does. The developer has prepared a major overhaul for iOS 7 (I'm in contact with him regularly on Facebook and Twitter) and has said all of the annoying bugs I specified and others will be eliminated, so you could theoretically wait until it comes. However, I find having my entire library and subscription service on me is great.

3. Centris 650 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Centris 650

Thanks!

4. bigcstyle4 macrumors 6502

It looks like we have different use cases for our iPads (mine never leaves the house) so I have a 16GB one. I just use Home Sharing if I want to listen to music on it. However, I have a 64GB iPhone with tons of music on it for when I'm on the go.

5. Chocolatemilty macrumors 6502a

Small new development: the new Cloud Play for Google Music app is MUCH better than gMusic. I recommend checking this one out after setting up your Google Music account, OP.