Music merger 'anti-competitive' [Ticketmaster + Live Nation]

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by edesignuk, Oct 8, 2009.

1. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

BBC.

Ticketmaster are already a complete scam, their booking fees and other nonsense are crazy. If this was allowed to go ahead the new company would have complete control over just about every major gig/artist, awful.

2. bartelby macrumors Core

Thank god!

I hate both of those companies, mainly because you can't avoid using them!!

3. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

"The two companies have said the merger would improve ticket price options, increase attendance at events and make ticket technology better."​

Yeah, right… FOR THEM. :rolleyes: Let's not pretend for a second that the merger would have benefited a single one of us. We're just ankle-grabbers to them. Really glad to hear of this ruling.

4. samiwas macrumors 65816

Yeah anyone who believes that this merger has anything beneficial in it has their head up their ass so far they are licking their own neck.

Ticketmaster's "convenience fees" are out of control...sure, they say it covers operating costs and such. REally? It cists Ticketmaster $13.50 PER TICKET to operate? I highly doubt it. I can't stand when I see tickets on sale for, say, $40...then they add the convenience fee and service fee and venue fee and whatever other fee, and the ticket actually costs $60.....how about just selling me the damn ticket for $60 and not telling me that half the cost is your damn fees.

And Live Nation...hell, I work for them quite a bit. But owning almost every venue in the country, AND being the promoter of the artist..and now merging to gain the ticket sales for them as well...give me a break.

Luckily, most of the artists I go to see have concerts with tickets between $20-$30, not these $75-$125 tickets!

5. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. geenadavis macrumors newbie

Nice site! Very professional and full of information. Hi, I applaud your post for informing people, very interesting post, keep up it coming Smile.

List Easy