Music/Movies outputting bluetooth

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DeepShadows, Aug 13, 2007.

1. DeepShadows macrumors newbie

I've posted this in a few forums with no real answers thus far.
    Ok, so if I have a bluetooth enabled car deck, my macbook pro which is bluetooth enabled. Can I connect the two somehow? I want this:

Laptop in a car connected to stereo playing whatever I am playing on the laptop to come through the speakers, no matter what application. EX:

I am in my car driving and my girlfriend is in the passenger side or friends in the back seat watching a movie on my laptop, I want the sound to come through the car speakers through the bluetooth connection. Then say the movie ends and they go into something like winamp and start playing music, I want the music to be played or streamed if you will through the bluetooth connection and the car speakers.

IS THIS POSSIBLE??? please help... I have been searching and searching and I can't find any information on this.

Is there any bluetooth programs or do I need a specific media player program with the ability to select the bluetooth output to a device I paired. I mean I would assume I pair the car stereo and the macbook pro and then is there an option somewhere in the connection?

HELP ME!!!
    Roadtrips would be SO much easier, also I work 12 hours a day in my car so it would make my life that much easier as well. I realize that A2DP is required to get this for phones, but no programs do this? Closest I found was a program only for PALM OS to get exactly what I want but for streaming from a palm pilot. :(

2. millap macrumors regular

One possible solution here (although not Bluetooth) would be to connect a battery powered FM transmitter to the headphone socket on your laptop, and then tune the radio to a spare frequency. This would also have the advantage in working with any car (or house) radio. The disadvantage is that it's not a very elegant solution, having wires hanging out of your laptop.

3. DeepShadows thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I can hook my laptop up to the 'aux in' on the front of the car deck to headphone port on the MBP, but that is lots of wires and plugging in and unplugging that I don't want to have. Besides that, FM tuners have terrible quality and from what I have found the A2DP standard is a pretty clean signal and waaaay higher quality....

ANYONE????!