Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StokeLee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 30, 2005
Stoke-on-Trent. Midlands, UK
Is it just me,

Sometime, ill buy an album, and think WOW, a few great songs,, say 3 out o11 are really good,, then ill see a video showing a song that i thought was pants, then ill go, wow, that song means somat, or, somat like that, and ill ne like, thats good, just watch ***** cat dolls song Stickwitu, and i got the album , and thought it was pants, bt saw the video, and thought, hmm, way better,,

goodtimes5

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2004
Bay Area
I understood completely because I skimmed. I thought the song (Stick Wit U)was better on first hearing than after watching the video.

fayans

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2005
MacRumors: Forums
stoid said:
Yes, there have been several times I too have gone shopping on the iTMS looking for a nice pair of blue jeans or khakis only to be disappointed that they only sold music, and a few videos.
LOL :D The best quote out of this thread. You have a very good sense of humor, stoid.

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
IF I follow what you were trying to say:

I've found that seeing the music video might add a layer of depth or meaning to a song that might otherwise make damn little lyrical sense to me, but I've never liked the song itself more as a result of seeing the accompanying video.

StokeLee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 30, 2005
Ok, sorry, It was late, and I was rambling.

What I meant was (if anyone cares) have you ever listened to a music album, and thought that the songs on it were not that good. Then they go and release one of the songs that you thought wasnt any good as a single, with a video to go with it, which is the norm, and thought, whilst watching this video that infact its quite good.

Please forgive any late night posts of mine, that whilst typing seemed like a good idea at the time :eek: but turn out not to be.

sreedy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2005
Somerset
StokeLee said:
What I meant was (if anyone cares) have you ever listened to a music album, and thought that the songs on it were not that good. Then they go and release one of the songs that you thought wasnt any good as a single, with a video to go with it, which is the norm, and thought, whilst watching this video that infact its quite good.

Now I follow what you were saying.... I agree. Also there are many songs I can't stand to listen to, but with a video become more appealing. i.e. Girls Aloud ;)

StokeLee said:
Please forgive any late night posts of mine, that whilst typing seemed like a good idea at the time

No problem, just read them again before posting.

efoto

macrumors 68030
Nov 16, 2004
Cloud 9 (-6)
I see your point, and while I would tend to agree, it really only applies to quality music to begin with. 'Livin' La Vida Loca' will always be 'Livin' La Vida Loca', even with a good video to accompany the song :rolleyes:

StokeLee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 30, 2005
efoto said:
I see your point, and while I would tend to agree, it really only applies to quality music to begin with. 'Livin' La Vida Loca' will always be 'Livin' La Vida Loca', even with a good video to accompany the song :rolleyes:

I agree,, but as sreedy said "Girls Aloud",,, and for some reason ***** Cat Dolls

alexstein

macrumors 6502a
Aug 23, 2004
StokeLee said:
Ok, sorry, It was late, and I was rambling.

Please forgive any late night posts of mine, that whilst typing seemed like a good idea at the time :eek: but turn out not to be.

I think MTV is to blame for that. It was quite comon in the 80's for bad songs to become rather popular and hit the top of the charts due to that phenomena.

....oh well the good ole' days..... j/k

I actually enjoy watching music videos. Sometimes but only Sometimes you can understand the song a little bit better. (but sometimes but only somtimes it will confuses a little bit more)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.