Music not adding to my library from apple music?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by backinblack875, Jun 30, 2015.

1. backinblack875 macrumors 6502a

backinblack875

So when listening to a song on apple music, i like a song and touch the 3 dots, which brings up option to add to my music library. I tap it and it displays a check mark that it was added to my music but then when i go search for it in my music library, its not in there. anyone else having this issue??

2. batristain macrumors 6502

batristain

It actually adds it to my music library BUT when I try to add a song added from Apple Music to a playlist it says it's done it but when I close out of edit mode and check the playlist the song isn't there....hoping it's just a bug...

3. backinblack875 thread starter macrumors 6502a

backinblack875

i cannot add to playlists either, grr.

4. penguintri macrumors member

I can't add to playlists either, it only works if I mark the song for offline listening. Also adding to my music doesn't work at all it ticks to say its done then quickly chnaes back to a plus and doesn't do anything!

5. flur macrumors 68000

I had this issue - make sure you have "Music Available Offline" unchecked, so that it shows music that's not downloaded to the device. The option is in My Music--> Library, in the sort dropdown (Artists, Albums, etc).

6. backinblack875 thread starter macrumors 6502a

backinblack875

if this is the case, does this mean that music saved form apple music will not be available offline?? thats one of the, if not THE, best features of spotify.. being able to save music for offline playing. I would be incredibly disappointed if this were the case and would stick with spotify tbh.

7. flur macrumors 68000

There are two separate options when you select a song - "Add to My Music" and "Make Available Offline". If you select to make available offline, it downloads the song and adds it to My Music. The "Add to My Music" just adds it without downloading. So if you want everything offline, just choose that option when you select to add a song.

ETA
    FWIW, I find it confusing with songs I own, songs I don't own but have downloaded, and songs I haven't downloaded all mixed together. So I've kept the "Music Available Offline" box checked and am just adding stuff to "My Music" by selecting "Make Available Offline." That way I don't have to wonder why some song doesn't play when I'm not streaming.

8. backinblack875 thread starter macrumors 6502a

backinblack875

ohh i see. awesome. Thanks for the clarification!

9. backinblack875 thread starter macrumors 6502a

backinblack875

Exactly my thought, i will definitely only make them available offline. No reason not too really. Unless you're that tight on space

10. mjcxp macrumors regular

Flur are you able to see the music you already downloaded from the iTunes Store when you uncheck music available offline. I can only see my old music when I have it checked. When I uncheck it I only see music I added today from Apple Music. I was under the impression all music would show up.

11. jamin00 macrumors 6502

jamin00

I did this on my iPhone but it doesn't show up in my iTunes on my MBP??

Is that the same issue, if I "Make available offline" it will show on my MBP??

The music is adding to my music on my iPhone, just not my iTunes library on the MBP. Signed in with the same user name btw.

12. backinblack875 thread starter macrumors 6502a

backinblack875

AFAIK, nothing with iTunes and apple music is in affect yet. I have made several songs "available offline" and have downloaded to my iPhone, but not to iTunes on my Mac. I think they need to update iTunes with apple music before this can take affect.

13. flur macrumors 68000

Yeah, I see everything. That's odd that you don't. BUT, I only own a few songs that I downloaded, and for some of them I saved them out as MP3s and reloaded them, and I can't remember what's actually downloaded directly and what's not, so I might be the wrong person to ask.

14. s8film40 macrumors 6502

s8film40

I created a playlist and it was fine for a while, I went back in later and all the songs were removed from it. When I click on add to my music a pop up comes up sending me to settings saying I need to enable iCloud music library. When I turn it on in settings it asks if I want to merge or not once I do either it turns it off and then says I need to enable iCloud Music Library in Music. It just keeps sending me back and forth.

15. jamin00 macrumors 6502

jamin00

Ah, ok thanks. I saw this and assumed it would work on iTunes on my MBP lol.

https://www.apple.com/uk/music/membership/

16. jamin00 macrumors 6502

jamin00

It is enabled on my iPhone in the MUSIC settings.

17. s8film40 macrumors 6502

s8film40

Yeah I finally got it to work, I'm not sure why it was trying to have me enable it in the music app. It finally just started working, this app seems kind of buggy to me.

18. jamin00 macrumors 6502

jamin00

Just got an update for iTunes which now includes the bits and bobs it seems

Yep, all the music I "make available offline" last night is now on my MBP in my iTunes music :)