Music not purchased from itunes deleted by itunes in iOS7!

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by ms lallex, Nov 14, 2013.

1. ms lallex macrumors newbie

Nov 14, 2013
    Hi all,

I'm slightly freaked out about what my phone is doing to all my favorite songs!

So I have an iPhone 5, with iOS7, and today when I went to play a song (that I downloaded off a CD years ago, and never had issues playing before), it just skipped it and went straight to the next song (which was purchaced off itunes).

It has done this before, so I just shut down the Music app and opened it again, but then it went crazy. It just started deleting these songs right in front of my eyes! When I then try to play another song, again one not bought off itunes, it just skips it, and then marks that one with a little stop sign thingy. And then deletes them again a couple of minutes later.

I have no idea what is going on, has anyone experienced that same? Please help!

2. Menel macrumors 603

Aug 4, 2011
  3. azaleum macrumors newbie

Nov 18, 2013
    me, too!

This same thing just happened to me, and resyncing does NOT work! When I "sync" (after assuring all playlists/artist I want are checked), it goes thru its 6 steps, incl "determining which tracks to sync" but it is not syncing them. I have 400+ physical CDs that I have ripped to iTunes. It doesn't seem to have deleted ALL of them from my iPhone, just some. I don't know what gives, the inability to sync and add these tunes back in is a HUGE problem!