Music not syncing in ios5 beta 3

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macguy11, Jul 13, 2011.

1. macguy11 macrumors member

Has anyone else had this problem? Everything seems to sync but my music and i can't figure it out. Please help.

2. azk macrumors newbie

Have you tried rebooting your device?
    Worked for me when things weren't syncing properly.
    And I'm sure it says somewhere in the dev notes too.

3. jackhdev macrumors 6502

You should post this on the Apple Developer Forums under the confidential iOS 5 beta section.

4. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

Just gone back to beta 3 and i am syncing 3 playlists with 759 tracks onto the phone with no problems. Did you set up as a new phone or from a backup?

5. txhockey9404 macrumors 6502a

I have been using all of the iOS 5 betas without any syncing issues. Try a restore and see if that helps. Even try reinstalling iTunes.

For more help, go to the iOS developer forums on developer.apple.com. As iOS 5 is still in beta, it is not made for general consumption, and the practice of people buying beta access from developers and expecting it to work perfectly is really quite annoying. It is a BETA for a reason. It has many known issues, and is definitely not close to release. It is usable, but not for the average person. Come fall, it will be ready for the average joe, but for now, it really should only be developers using it. Any problems the OS has in its beta stage should be reported to Apple so they can fix it for later. Some bugs simply don't have fixes in the current betas.

If you are not really a developer, I would recommend going back to iOS 4.3.3 or 4.2.8 depending on your device, as it is fully functional and supported by Apple. You really can't get any support for a beta OS except through forums like this, where many developers are unwilling to help because of the NDA.