iPhone Music not syncing properly all of the sudden..

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by alldat, Oct 11, 2015.

1. alldat macrumors regular

Hi, this is a 6s running 9.0.2. I noticed last night when I went to play songs off of my phone, out of nowhere a lot of them were grayed out. If I tapped on the name/title of the songs, they refused to play, but if I tapped on the album art they started playing. Also all of the music is not syncing. iTunes says I should have 7,500 songs on the phone but when I go into Settings-->About, it says I have around 6,500.

Since I got the phone this hasn't been an issue, just popped up out of nowhere randomly. I tried deleting all the music off and resyncing and I'm still having the problem. Anyone else see this/know how to fix it? I'd like to avoid doing a restore if possible.

Thanks.

EDIT: also forgot to include that even though I have all music unchecked in iTunes, for some reason it's still keeping about 100 "purchased" songs in my library. Is there another box I'm forgetting to check off? I want to remove all songs and then put them back on. Thanks again.

2. alldat thread starter macrumors regular

Anyone? :( I deleted everything and tried syncing a small amount this time. Itunes says there should be 2588 songs but in settings-->about it says around 2100. So frustrating.