Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

creativedogmedia

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
I unchecked Sync Music and rechecked it....it runs through the 4 steps in the sync window very quickly....no music....any suggestions?

nanogirl21

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2011
Midwest United States
I unchecked Sync Music and rechecked it....it runs through the 4 steps in the sync window very quickly....no music....any suggestions?

I am having this issue as well. I cannot sync music, nor delete any music off of my device. I have tried deleting from the music add. under usage settings, and in iTunes itself. Also, the music that is on my device is now taking up double the space. I have a 14 gb library that is showing 28 gb on my device. The songs are only one the device once and are not playable. The 28 gb of music is now taking up the rest of my memory on my phone and I cannot take photos or sync any other content.

mizxco

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2014
[Un-check] Sync Music -> [Apply]
coffee, and then
[Check] Sync Music -> [Apply]
on iTunes worked for me.

Thank god I read this post before leaving home, would have been boring without the 'Adult Alternative' playlist.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
On a related note: music syncs but then the shuffle plays a single song and stops each time.
Had to add the app, djay to get the shuffle working again.

creativedogmedia

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
[Un-check] Sync Music -> [Apply]
coffee, and then
[Check] Sync Music -> [Apply]
on iTunes worked for me.

Thank god I read this post before leaving home, would have been boring without the 'Adult Alternative' playlist.

Didnt work.

mizxco

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2014
Didnt work.

I would try to sync different playlists to see if it fixes it? or else re-restore your device?

I plugged in my device and the capacity bar auto detects there's actually no music and audio vanishes. Afterwards, I synced my music back in.

Caitlynryann

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2014

I was having the same issue. I unregistered my device from my icloud. and reset the phone. Then I set it up as a NEW IPHONE with NO ICLOUD and set up itunes and synced the music first. Then I went back and set up icloud and got all my contacts and everything else back. All my music works now and everything else is perfect too.

Hope this helps you :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.