Music not syncing to device in beta 2

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by creativedogmedia, Jun 17, 2014.

1. creativedogmedia macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

I unchecked Sync Music and rechecked it....it runs through the 4 steps in the sync window very quickly....no music....any suggestions?

2. nanogirl21 macrumors 6502a

nanogirl21

I am having this issue as well. I cannot sync music, nor delete any music off of my device. I have tried deleting from the music add. under usage settings, and in iTunes itself. Also, the music that is on my device is now taking up double the space. I have a 14 gb library that is showing 28 gb on my device. The songs are only one the device once and are not playable. The 28 gb of music is now taking up the rest of my memory on my phone and I cannot take photos or sync any other content.

3. mizxco macrumors 6502a

mizxco

[Un-check] Sync Music -> [Apply]
    coffee, and then
    [Check] Sync Music -> [Apply]
    on iTunes worked for me.

Thank god I read this post before leaving home, would have been boring without the 'Adult Alternative' playlist.

4. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

On a related note: music syncs but then the shuffle plays a single song and stops each time.
    Had to add the app, djay to get the shuffle working again.

5. mizxco macrumors 6502a

mizxco

6. creativedogmedia thread starter macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

Didnt work.

7. mizxco macrumors 6502a

mizxco

I would try to sync different playlists to see if it fixes it? or else re-restore your device?

I plugged in my device and the capacity bar auto detects there's actually no music and audio vanishes. Afterwards, I synced my music back in.

8. Caitlynryann macrumors newbie

I was having the same issue. I unregistered my device from my icloud. and reset the phone. Then I set it up as a NEW IPHONE with NO ICLOUD and set up itunes and synced the music first. Then I went back and set up icloud and got all my contacts and everything else back. All my music works now and everything else is perfect too.

Hope this helps you :)