iPhone 7(+) Music on iPhone keeps distorting and breaking up

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AdamA9, May 14, 2018.

1. AdamA9 macrumors 65816

Hey guys,

I have a really weird and annoying problem with my iPhone. When I'm listening to music, the sound keeps distorting and skipping like there's something interferring with it. I cannot work out what it is. The music is downloaded on my phone, too, so cannot even be buffer issues.

Since I listen to music for ~8 hours a day, this is becoming a big problem for me.

Any ideas?

2. Shirasaki macrumors 604

Shirasaki

Are your music Apple Music music? I use local library (no song from iTunes Store or Apple Music) and does not encounter skipping problem recently. There could also be bad files, or system just could not handle music playback for some reason.

3. robertpetry macrumors 6502

robertpetry

My wife is having the same issues on her iPhone 7. Both with downloaded and cloud Apple Music content. We restarted and she is still having the same issues with headphones or bluetooth.

I'll follow the thread but none of the other 3 iPhones in our house is having this issue.

4. bodonnell202 macrumors 65816

bodonnell202

5. AdamA9 thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks @bodonnell202

I think my issue might be relating to the environment. I notice this only at work at my desk. My phone is usually on the base of one of my monitors. There's a lot of tech around my desk, couple of laptops, 3 monitors etc. the static is also quite high.

I've noticed I don't have this issue anywhere else other than at my desk. I wonder if it's interference at all?