Music on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TBRAMS, Jun 29, 2011.

1. TBRAMS macrumors member

I just bought the iPhone so bear with me. I am trying to put music from my iPod touch onto my iPhone. I connected both devices to iTunes and tried dragging my music from my iPod touch into my iPhone music folder. Why can't I do it and how can I do it?

Thank you

2. TBRAMS thread starter macrumors member

3. chhhrrriiisss macrumors 6502a

You can't transfer music from your iPod to your iPhone. Only iTunes to iPhone. Unless you get a program to rip your iPod's music.

4. TBRAMS thread starter macrumors member

5. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Please do not bump. Bumping threads isn't allowed, and ten minutes at this time of day isn't nearly enough time to allow people to get answers to you.

I'm presuming you already have iTunes loaded and your music is already on there? If it isn't, you need to move it from your iPod into iTunes, and then from there onto your new phone. You can do this manually by dragging and dropping or via sync. Unfortunately, they don't provide a way for you to move it directly from one device to the other via computer.

Enjoy your new phone!

6. mc2thearson macrumors member

Expod.

With this program you can move all the music from your ipod onto your computer, then from your computer to your iPhone... This way you don't have to waste time downloading it again.

Expod is free, and you can get it here.

http://download.cnet.com/expod/3000-18545_4-100662.html

Why do some of you guys on here have to be harsh to "asks" like this? There was once a time when you didn't know how to do this too.

C'mon now!

Enjoy your phone man. iPhone's are where it's at.

7. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I'm a little confused. Reading the linked page this app does the same thing as iTunes: iDevice <-> computer <-> iDevice. It doesn't appear to allow iDevice <-> iDevice. But... Folks are using it to rescue their music from their iDevice when a hard drive fails which is huge.

I don't agree. The OP had two polite / correct answers, and IrishVixen was kind enough to point out a rule violation starting with, "Please". As both you and the OP use this forum more, you'll find that it is closely moderated as compared to other forums which I appreciate. My expectatation is that the OP was warned by the admins to not bump. Personally I prefer the community to guide me than to get a PM from an admin (I did just a few weeks ago by posting a message of "+1" which also against the rules and I didn't know it).

8. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

I want to make sure I understand what you're doing.
    First, you have an iPod Touch with music on it. And you're wanting to get the music from that and put it onto your new iPhone. Correct?

The correct way to do this is to use iTunes. Connect up your iPod Touch and sync it. This should copy the music down to your computer. Once that is accomplished, set up your iPhone with iTunes. Then you can create playlists, etc. and then sync that music up to your iPhone.

Another easy way to copy music from your iPod Touch is to use SharePod. ITs free and basically just rips the music from your Touch and can even automatically add it to your iTunes library. Then you'd only have to sync it over to your iPhone.

9. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

Thanks for this! I was looking for a program to take tracks from an Idevice so you can dump the tracks into a folder on your computer. I think the op may not have the tracks on his computer only on his device so the only way to get the tracks onto another device is to copy them from the device>>computer>>second device :)

10. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Sharepod works great. So far, its worked on every iDevice we've tried it on. I like how you can copy just playlists, videos, voice memos, etc. and either just dump them onto your hard drive or direct the output directly into iTunes.