music organisation/DJ'ing recommendations

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by electrobiscuit, Dec 24, 2007.

1. electrobiscuit macrumors newbie

Hi all, Just bought myself a new Mac book for xmas and I'm looking for some software recommendations to do some various music organisation/DJ'ing related tasks.

What I need is:

• Software that will batch calculate BPM's (no tapping!) and write to ID3 tags.
    • An ID3 tag editor that you can batch rename multiple tracks at the same time, using the filename of the audio files.
    • An audio convertor (wav, flac etc... to mp3)

2. drprince89 macrumors newbie

if you know any program at all mac or windows programs that will batch calculate bpms, then let me know please, i have been unable to find one that will write the bpms to tags and as for tagging the best i think is media rage but i hate it i just go over to windows and use the godfather, same for converting files, if youre a dj you probably dont want to convert mp3 to wma, but for flac you can burn it to a disc and then use MAX to rip it at your desired bitrate.

3. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

Only thing i could find for mac thats free was: DeKstasy but it leaves alot to be desired but it can find the BPM for you as well as some DJ related stuff. But i don't like how its layed out takes some getting used to. And it is not longer actively developed.

4. electrobiscuit thread starter macrumors newbie

5. drprince89 macrumors newbie

I thought that wouldnt write the bpm tags to the file, but does it?