Music Playback randomly stops in all apps

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by ZombiPod, Dec 22, 2014.

1. ZombiPod macrumors newbie

Hey everyone!

Ever since updating to iOS 8, music playback has worked inconsistently for me.

Music will randomly stop (with the app still running!) and I have to wake my phone to press play again (which will work, even from the home screen). This follows no pattern that I could identify, sometimes it will work for longer periods, other times playback stops every couple of minutes.

AFAIK, this happens in all apps, I use the Apple music and podcasts apps, as well as Spotify and Radium. Also happens with streams in Safari.

This is super annoying and has still not be addressed with the updates. I did a DFU-Restore, but to no avail.

What else could I try? Could a DFU-Reset + plus setup from scratch (not from backup) yield different results?

Should I file a bug with Apple? I do not know how to reproduce it other than "sometimes it works, sometime it won't"

Has anyone else been experiencing this?

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Wipe and re-sync your songs.

3. RoboWarriorSr macrumors 6502a

How large are your album art? I do know that high resolution album art (around 1500*1500 around 15 MB) causes this issue for me. I use ecoute which seems to bypass this issue. Instead of crashing it pause the music but restarts immediately afterwords so it negates the issue.