Music Player, Change Looping

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Cell-666, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Cell-666 macrumors 6502

So I'm a bit miffed why Apple have changed how music is played in the Music App. For all these year, as far as I know, the loop icon would loop the album you are listening to. Now they have changed to text information "loop Artists" does exactly that, but no option just to loop a particular album.

Yes I know I could create playlist but an album is already a playlist and I don't particularly want to start creating play list for playlist :(

What a PITA.

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Open Music App

Click Album you want to listen to

start the first song in the album

press "Repeat" at the bottom left corner and choose "repeat album"

3. Cell-666 thread starter macrumors 6502

This is what I am saying, there isn't a repeat album option, there's only, repeat off, repeat artist, repeat song. They never had repeat artist, it used to be repeat album.

4. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Mine shows repeat album.

5. Cell-666 thread starter macrumors 6502

Really, wtf? Doesn't show on either my iPad of iPhone. Very strange. Will be updating all my family's devices later today, will see if it appears on any of theirs.

6. Cell-666 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ah I've seen what they have done. You get repeat album only when selecting and album from the album list view, and repeat artist when you select an album in artist view.

Logical, but a little more awkward if you have very large music collections it easier to find and album by artist rather than by name. Oh we'll guess that won't be changing.

7. GreyOS macrumors 68030

Yeh Apple messed up by not letting you drill down to album through artist.

Related 'feature' is not being able to shuffle a specific album from artist view. This one's even weirder though because each album has a shuffle icon- but it still just shuffles the whole artist!

8. Cell-666 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah I noticed that this morning too. Also, seems on the ipad the track order is getting mixed up. Some albums are fine other aren't.

Search methods should have different play methods. I can see the logic but it's way harder to find an album in album view than it is in artists view. Especially when you can't remember the albums name lol.

9. GreyOS macrumors 68030

A workaround is to use the search function in the Albums view, you can type in the artist name. No ideal though.

10. JohnWhitesideii macrumors newbie

Yeah this kind of bothers me to. I like to put an album on shuffle and the only way to do it is click the albums button on the bottom, search for it, then shuffle.