Music Player

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by speedemonV12, Sep 8, 2007.

1. speedemonV12 macrumors 6502

Did the music player for mac just get lost in all the other amazing applications available? i came from windows, and they had two amazingly customizable music players, winamp and foobar. Is there no such thing like this for mac?? all we have is iTunes? can we even get some iTunes Skins?

2. theman macrumors 6502a

try cog, it's probably the most similar app to winamp for os x. if you like all the playlists of itunes, then just use it.

http://cogx.org/

3. speedemonV12 thread starter macrumors 6502

ya i checked that out.. but where are the skins for it lol ? there dont seem to be any skinnable music apps or customizable ones for mac..

4. ingenious macrumors 65832

ingenious

Virginia, United States (Kansan in exile)
    Skins aren't really a Mac thing. I think the community belief is that if an application isn't good-looking enough from the get-go, there's no point in using it.

5. speedemonV12 thread starter macrumors 6502

so where is the good looking music player anyways? i cant seem to find one that looks sleek in anyway except itunes, and itunes is boring me now.

6. iMacBook macrumors 6502a

iMacBook

Whats wrong with iTunes?

Function over looks. Sure, it may not be eye candy, but it does a damn good job at being a media player. :)

7. ingenious macrumors 65832

ingenious

Virginia, United States (Kansan in exile)
    Honestly, I have no idea. I've always loved iTunes, the Store, and iPods, so I've never looked for a different media player.

8. WillJS macrumors 65816

WillJS

I agree.

;)

I quite like Uno for Mac. :)

9. speedemonV12 thread starter macrumors 6502

ya im using uno right now... makes everything so simple...

so what would be a simple smooth good looking music player.. cog was the closest that i could find, but its just not polished... i also tried toolplayer, which i thought was amazing, but the devolment is very slow, cause its just one guy creating it.