music playing locked

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by atad6, Dec 16, 2007.

1. atad6 macrumors regular

i was just playing some music and the ipod touch automatically locked and turned off the screen, which it's set to do by default, anyway it got me thinking.

i think it would be a nice option while playing music to have the player lock, meaning turn the screen off and put up the slide to unlock screen, except instead of having to hit the home button to wake it up then slide to unlock, have the slide area active on the touchscreen (but don't turn on the screen when someone touches it) so that you can unlock the player by simply sliding across the unlock area rather than having to do the two steps normally required.

sorry if that was confusing, i was just wondering if anyone else wishes this was easier too.

2. apsterling macrumors 6502a

apsterling

Okay, try this. Turn the screen off while listening to music. Then double tap (in rapid succession) the home key. Without sliding, you get your magical music controls. :D

3. atad6 thread starter macrumors regular

yea i knew about that shortcut it's quite useful, except a lot of times i'm switching to songs that are far down on a playlist or on different playlists and would benefit from being able to access the full controls .