Music playlist

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by crashoverride77, May 21, 2014.

1. crashoverride77 macrumors 65816

Apple should really add a playlist button (+) everywhere in the music app to add songs to a playlist quickly. It's so frustrating to listen to a song and trying to add it to a playlist.
    I have to enter the actual playlist menu, find or create a playlist, click edit, than click add (+) AND than find the song in a massive list or search for it. I than have to also leave the playlist to go back to the actual album to listen to the rest of the album.
    I actually like the ios 7 music app a lot but really ?

2. jr866gooner macrumors 65816

jr866gooner

I thought this exact thing yesterday, submit some feedback to apple! I'll do this same too! :)

3. Dented macrumors 6502a

I'd settle for just the "up next" feature from iTunes. I thought that would have been added ages ago.

4. crashoverride77 thread starter macrumors 65816

agreed I like the up next feature and would love to have that. This playlist stuff been like this since for ever and I do not see the logic behind it. Also where is playlist sync between ios devices hahah so much to ask from apple.

5. afsnyder macrumors 65816

iOS 8 anyone? Previously they didn't have enough room and would have to reorganize the app but now they do... just change Create to Add and in one of the popups put iTunes Radio and the other Playlist.

6. tmanto02 macrumors 65816

tmanto02

I'd be happy if they just got smart playlists working properly again. Live updating of smart playlists stops any new songs from syncing to my iphone!

----------

All they need is the option to long hold a track and select "add to playlist x"

7. crashoverride77 thread starter macrumors 65816

Exactly, even just adding that tiny + should be possible. Dunno what they have done for iTunes Radio as I live in the uk and we don't have it yet.

8. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I wish you could create a Smart Playlist on the iPhone directly.

A smart playlist is a playlist you can create in iTunes specifying criteria. When a song fits the criteria it is automatically added to that play list and if it does not meet the criteria it is automatically removed.

Example:

I have a Smart playlist named "80's". The criteria is

- Genre contains "80's"
    - Rating 4-5 stars

As I listen to the 100's of songs I have in my 80's collection I rate the songs as I listen. If I rate it as 4 or 5 stars the song gets added to that playlist.

end goal ends up being a 80's playlist that contain songs I really like a lot.